Thursday, December 20, 2007

I wish we all will meet again.

This post is going to be a bit depressing. Especially those who feel the same.

Feelings after watching '881' (express in a conversation on MSN, edited for Grammatical errors)
4:51 Thursday, December 20, 2007
» hope your awake soon, i just finish watching 881
» its a singaporean local production
» in many ways it makes me feel sad ... cos its about 2 girls who perform for the dead on the getai during the 7th month
» and the songs they sing... remind me of those who left us
» cos the songs they sing are for those who pass away... thats why most of the songs are also play during the chinese funerals... they aren't so familiar at first it was only much later when one of them dies... then i realize they played that song at my granny's funeral
» the movie really touches my heart. and it makes me scare about death but more so... to lose those who i love.

I think the movie is very well done. It really connects vert well with Singaporeans and Chinese families. It is able to bring that sadness and grief you experience at time when those important to us leave this world.

By watching it once... I suddenly remembered many painful memories ... especially when granny left. I remembered crying for days. I think that feeling is hard to forget and 'recall' except at times when someone important leaves.

But this movie has done so. Maybe it is the language that keeps me engaged with the idea of family and friends, cause it is only when I spend time with them do I speak dialect. And the use of dialect in many ways... brings me back to times of family gatherings... sadly times when family members pass away, the cries and shouts for granny to come 'back' were in dialect ... never in English or Mandarin.

But most of all, the songs and expressions of the actresses singing... remind you that life is full of hardship, love and farewell. The farewell song in the hospital, about birth, life and passing away as well as a few other dialect tunes were played at granny's funeral as well. That 'killed' me, as it brought me back to the scene of the funeral.

Perhaps I am thinking too much. Yet I have one childish wish, that will never be granted unless I pass away first,... I hope I do not have to learn about the death of a friend or family member. That aside, I do wish and hope (though some may not agree with me), I will meet you again after this life.

No comments: