Get a mountain bike and explore the camp yourself, its quite a different experience and feel from the noise of the urban life we are all too used to. Its probably an invisible landscape... one that is home to the rich and the forgotten construction workers... and of cos, one with rich heritage and history within its grounds as a military base.
O yar, I guess I had been talking about getting a new bike and purchasing it. Well this is the new bike below. Cool huh? Its a GT Avalanche 2.0 2008 model. The bike handles very well on dirt and bumpy trails ... I tested it today... haha. Try mountain biking one day... you won't regret. Better still, it can help you keep fit.
The adventure begun when I decided to explore this relatively secluded part of Singapore. Furthermore, the roads within the camp are prefect for beginners, traffic isn't that pack but beware of inconsiderate speedsters. There are some bumpy, dirt tracks you can wonder along as well. It seemed like a normal training session till I saw the turning into Seletar Airport. So I decide to check it out.
As I deviated from my the main road, I realized how 'unfriendly' this part of the camp was. It really is a space where only the well-to-do can afford to utilize. There was the private airport, private housing (one of the houses had a football field, a playground and a swimming pool, it had the facilities to operate a school. I wonder which female pig stays there to have so many kids... or is it just another case of inequality within our home... sigh.) golf courses and exclusive club houses.
There was also blardee a lot of warning signs and caution notices, it made the place look super unfriendly... but there was was which was particularly funny haha.
The adventure carried on as i cycled further in, till I reached this area where there was a construction project going on. This area was full of foreign workers, who bleed and sweat into building the infrastructure but never get recognized or accepted. It isn't surprising that this space is rightful theirs at the moment... and sadly this space is also one of the few spaces of leisure and interaction for them. While was there, I saw foreign workers of different nationalities interacting with one another, fishing, biking like me, and drinking by the water. I can't figure why but this site saddens me and all I could offer was my smile as I cycled past them.
No comments:
Post a Comment