Tuesday, October 28, 2008

261008 - 1717 Hrs

After 6 months of struggling, Aunty Patsy passed away on Sunday.

I think that affected the entire family a lot. After all she was Mummy's best friend at work and Aunty Patsy was a great family friend. Aunty Pasty always cared for our family, even though she sure was one of the most random souls around. She would call Mummy up during her off days to ask about how mum was slacking at home while she was busy at work, she would call to tease my dad about 4D over the weekends, she would ask my sister and I what we would like to eat and other amazingly random things like gfs, studies, earrings and lots more.

The news was told to Mummy by Sister Teo over the phone during dinner. Although Mum didn't tell us the anthing, we were able to make up the purpose of the call. Everyone reacted to the news in their own different ways but no one talked about it.

I kept quiet all the time. Cause I couldn't believe that fact for the moment. Someone who would use her full strength to pat me during a joke, someone who would always ask me the weirdest questions and someone who would openly request for anything for anyone was gone. But as odd and contradicting as it may seem, I choose not to attend the funeral. This is because I choose to keep that memory of her as a happy and hippie 'freedom fighter' in my mind. I was scare to see her in a coffin I guess.

I think different people come to terms with death in different ways. And though someone remind me death was a permanent separation, I think happy memories will remind you of how great a person was. I will miss that loud distinct laughter of hers but I think I will remember it more then miss it. This is because like my mum, I choose to let go and make the best of death ... We believe its better for her to go, cancer and stroke is a terrible way to die ... So Mummy and I believe heaven is a better place for her.

Yet as much as I try to comfort myself by escaping ... I still look back from time to time and ... yar somethings are sadly permanent.

"Don't tell your mother what we talk about or she will be angry... hehe"
Aunty Patsy, 2008

No comments: