Honestly, the play wasn't too exciting... but I guess sometimes, the idea is the company. Right? I think Ain wasn't too impressed or amazed by the production... but we managed to get a few laughs off our private jokes haha.
So after the play, we decided to just go to random places... super random I tell you...
First we drop by the biennale Singapore visual arts exhibition next to the Union building... 'Wonder' was the event title... And I think its quite a pleasant random thing to do... visit random art galleries. Whenever I visit art exhibitions, I am always amazed with the fact how an artist can visualize in the way they do, obviously so 'out of the box'. The exhibits were rather cool (I know some of you will reject this belief... but as a member of the public, I really thing they were!). I particularly loved the one where we entered a white room and all around us look as thought it was snowy but the exhibit area was really WARM! And another exhibit was about a totally enclosed dark area... and all you can see was a pin hole of light high above the celling... cools right?
After that we went out for ice cream by East Coast, which was followed by dinner at Simpang Bedok. We didn't even make any plans to go to those places... all we did was to drive around and make decisions when we needed to decide where to settle our hunger.
Its cool to do that... the spirit of flaneur... and I think as 'anal' as Ain can be about having plans... I thank her for being so nice to just follow me around for a day. I think Ain rocks... cause I can tell her almost everything... and I am sure she would be nice enough to listen and if she has to... she will give her 'bitchy' attitude and advise. haha. A frank person ... might be hurtful to some... but is sure a great friend to keep. haha.
O yar... here are some random pics on 'wonder', the biennale visual art exhibit.
All materials used to construct the structure was recycled.
these slippers belong to an inmate in Changi Prison... each slipper represents each of them...
The light is being release through a pin hole... amazing?
We should take a moment and appreciate the chairs we sit on... I think the person who invented the 'chair' rocks.
A clash of feelings; cool view in a warm room.
This was the entrance to the cool/warm room exhibit
"Are you in Seng Kang?"
Ain, 2008
No comments:
Post a Comment