Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What do I think of Love lately?

Its been very tiring trying to Love everyone so much (YES!!!! ... RITA AND CO. ... NOT IN THE ROMANTIC WAY! haha). I get so burnt out, sometimes I feel like being a lot more selfish and stop being so nice.

Sometimes I find love to be very unfair... actually most of the time... you give a lot yet you receive so little... I cannot really describe it lar, but you get the picture right?

But Love is an amazing thing right? I mean even 'the academy is' sings:

'...To be loved, to be loved
, what more could you ask for? ...'

over and over again. And receiving it often brings a smile to your face, makes that stomachache disappear, make the fears fade away and blar blar blar.


But do you realize love has a spatial and temporal dimension to it? I won't attempt to explain it... but I am sharing something I remembered from a movie entitle 'Nanny McPhee' (2005) ...

"There is something you should understand about the way I work. When you need me but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me but no longer need me, then I have to go. It's rather sad, really, but there it is."

I remember that because first I felt tired trying to love more... then I whine, ... a few hours later I reflect on it. Following that I realize... the pain/ fatigue from Loving disappears... and it kinds of remind me of the movie... where Aunty McPhee appears, disappears and reappears for the kids she looks after... and time after time, she does not complain or mention about herself... so I decided to 'IMDB' the show, and found the quote that struck me ... If you replaced the words 'i' and 'me' in the earlier extract and replace it with the word 'love':

"There is something you should understand about the way Love work(s). When you need Love but do not want Love, then Love must stay. When you want Love but no longer need Love, then Love (has) to go. It's rather sad, really, but there it is."

you get a clear message what 'love' is trying to convey to us. Amazing right?

I started thinking about love because... I remembered about a love that was so true. Someone who loved me so much and accepted me for who I am and not for how I loved her. It felt a bit sad that the love has been gone and no matter how much I want it back... that love is never coming back.

Don't worry, I am feeling much better already ... after all... I am in search of love again! And this time, I think I will be careful to cheerish it. O yar... along the way, I am just going to love you all, my friends, more.

No comments: