Sunday, June 21, 2009

I don't really know how to say this...

I always thought I wasn't good enough for anything... like in work, project groups, making jokes, treating friends well, relationships ... and of cos having that bit of success. People, even my close buds, always laughed at me for all the silliest things I do or say.

In fact... I was never confident in doing anything or achieve something great.
Example:
Instead of aiming high for my assignment grades (after being demoralized badly) ... I told myself, Just before I checked my results... "Ok, I think I will just pass... anything better is a bonus. Well aim low and if you get that great at least you won't feel bad." And in the end I got a credit (one grade above pass) for my assignment.

But last night... an email from Dr. Harvey Neo... made me believe a little bit more in myself. In fact... at least I know for now... I have left a piece of myself in written history... and yar... My ISM got published... in a journal.

I hope you don't read this as a note to boast about myself... because I know that there are so many of you who are much better then me, I was just lucky... and as usually I 'listen to my heart'.

On many occasions, people will come and ask me about what to do about certain issues or problems... I can't really say much most of the time... because you live your life the way you want it to be. But I always end up saying... "just listen to your heart and everything will be fine."

I think the little success I have today, tells me that this way of thinking can be successful. I didn't care if I was going to do well or if it was a better topic to score... I looked around like a flaneur, saw something that captured my attention and followed my gut instincts all the way... of cos, along the way... I just listened to my heart and tried to do the best I could...

And it worked. But I realized this way, where you choose to follow your heart and your passion... you sort of feel better about yourself and the choices you make.

1 comment:

huishi. said...

im very happy for you uncletan!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D now i can quote Tan and Neo, 2009! hahahaha :):)