Today we graduated. The ceremony wasn't too grand. There wasn't champagne.
Only photos to remember the day.
In many ways, I attend the ceremony only to meet my friends. To see how people were doing. And I am glad most of you are doing fine.
Even though the whole event was supposed to be "emotionally detaching" (Because it just didn't feel special to graduate this time around) I am feeling a bit rotten. Inside me. I don't really know why but sometimes you get so tired about certain things... you wish things end instantly. But they don't seem that way.
When I drove into campus today... I couldn't help but remember staying in hall. All my friends. A great room mate to accompany you. Dinner. Movies. I remembered waking up late for lessons. Listening to tunes like no one cared. Beer. Smokes. All the freedom I had.
As I reached for my D50... I realized something. Something that made me kept my camera in my bag... something that sadden me a bit.
The sad thing is I realized... I never captured all the little small things that I would want to remember on film. We never had much photos of us doing things that defined us or amused us. Photos that show the freedom we once had.
I think I am slowly losing my interest in taking pictures... maybe its because I have lost focus. I think changes in our lifestyle and ideals from society have led me to lose focus... I don't really know. Perhaps its time to remember who I really am. When does the search end? For now maybe we just forget about 'what could have been' and to go on with the next part of our lives... maybe this time around I will try doing things the way I would prefer it to be? I hope I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment