Saturday, February 16, 2008

Carols Wonk

My new MSN nick isn't an English error. haha. Its the name of my neighbor, Carol Wong.

This week I had to exchanged my ibook, 'Strawberry Shortcake' with Carol's Carols Wonk, because she needed a program on my ibook. As I was using Carol's ibook, My friend asked me:
"what does your nick symbolize? I can't make out what it means." (actually, there wasn't only one friend but many in fact, who wonder what my nick meant.) It was only at that moment that i realized I was using Carol's nick name. haha.

But I didn't change the nick after that. I really can't explain why, maybe I just wanted to irritate wongs. But using wong's ibook made me realize something. Why did I entrust her with my ibook in the first place? Why do we always help one another? Why do I always help Carol wongs?

I can't express that easily, but I shall attempt to explain. Maybe because she is the only neighbor I have. Yes I am a loser, I have only one neighbor. But I think if that neighbor is the best in the world, one neighbor is good enough. And wongs fits the bill. Every time I have a academic or domestic problem, I know I can easily pick up the phone and dial Wongs. She might not have the best answer, but her words do help straighten my thoughts to make a proper decision. Wong's never say die, 'Huo Chu Qu' (give it your all) and try every possible method attitude rocks when we work together. But maybe the biggest reason (which I recently found out) is that, we appreciate one another as friends. I think when both parties respect and appreciate each other, that friendship is going to last.

So, Wongs, thanks for everything. And who said you have no contribution as a neighbor? I can't believe you think that way because I appreciate you as well. Thanks for keeping me sane and 'normal' when it was tough for me. Thanks for being a leader when it comes to work. Thanks for sharing all the gossips and keeping me 'in tune' to what I am out of tune with. Most of all, thanks for being you, the only human I know in Lorong Ah Soo. And Yes, I am not romantically attached to her. Haha.

I wanted to write this on Friendship Day, to remind myself of a great neighbor I have. But yar, it comes a bit late. So kinda of apologize to you if you ever do read this. And I wanted to remind myself of you because I know my neighbor has 'wings' and she probably be away soon again. It makes me kind of sad to see my neighbor fly again but I guess thats the best for her. After all, I am happy to have a friend like you. Happy Belated Friendship Day.

Wongs, how come we have never taken a Pic together before? Haha.

No comments: