Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Your mum works at?

The world is pretty small. It is. Meeting up with Xue Ying (by chance) reaffirmed that.

I met her yesterday, at NUS Medical Center while I was waiting to see the doctor for Malaria pills. Well, I was there alone, with my book, holding the queue number '194' when the detailing board showed '163'. Okie that sucks. What made it worst was everyone around me was in some sort of discomfort or pain. I hate going to the clinics, makes me feel sick.

So as I was reading my book, I saw patient number '205', yes... My classmate Xue Ying. Actually, I don't know Xue Ying very well... but I can say she's kind of a nut. You know, those 'siao siao' kind and a rather cheerful person. Thank gosh, a human I actually knew. But it was still '167' on the detailing board...

So while we were waiting for the numbers on the board to 'crawl' by... we talk to each other. We were talking about general stuff then we digressed to the topic of immunization. The I told her, that mummy works at a hospital. Xue Ying's reply was, "Yar my mum too". Well, the next question from me was obvious, "Your mum works at?" Ding! '179'

"Thomson Medical Centre."

O man/woman! How can you actually get that? A classmate who's parent works at the same place as your parent! Couldn't believe it, eyes almost roll out, jaw almost break... haha.

The amazing thing is, she kind of did the same thing as me when we were young, to fetch our mums from work with our dads. I guess almost all the kids of nurses at Thomson Medical Centre do that. Ding! '190'.

Yes yes, it was soon to be my turn, so we continue to bitch about school work... especially my ISM and her HT. I mean out procrastination, not the actual work itself. haha.

Ding! '194'. Finally, my turn, so I entered to meet my ever 'feminine' doctor, Dr Patrick Tan. Had consultation , tried to bargain to purchase malaria pills on behalf of my other classmates, failed badly... said goodbye to him, probably the last time I going to see him haha.

I went out, and Xue Ying was still there... haha! So I went over and continue to trash out the amount of trouble we are in... then after a few numbers... I realize something was wrong. How come it was suppose to be her turn soon but the dispenser haven't called my name for medication... weird.

Of cause it was weird... I forgotten to put the prescription with the dispenser! So lesson of the day? Don't be too happy to see your classmate that you forgot what to do at a clinic. haha.

O yar, Xue Ying, if you do ever read this... Thanks for talking to me at the clinic. I would have really been 'sick' if I didn't have a human to grunt to. Honestly, I am glad your going NIE, maybe then we can continue to discuss whether our mums have the same occupation sickness. haha.

No comments: