We played the lecturers on monday. We lost. 2 - 3. Yar the whole world probably be going... how did you lose to a group of oldies. Well, come play with us one day and if you lose. Ask yourself how did you lost to a group who lost to a group of oldies? We trained hard. But they had good players. Trust me on that.
That isn't the point. The point is, the match only made me closer to my class. It did. Because I know my back is well covered. Thanks guys. I will remember that day we fought in the rain, the entire class as one.
An email to my dear friends
2 – 3. that’s the final score.
We Lost. That was yesterday.
Yet as I woke up this morning, I never felt that I lost anything but a damm fun and enjoyable match. The score line does not reflect anything. But your character and your friends do. They really do. And everyone in the honours class deserves to be applauded for that, those on the pitch, off the pitch and those morally with us. Yesterday you all cheered for us, we all fought for you. It has always been like that in many ways. People looking after one another in this class.
As I stood on the field, I am happy that you folks were there. As players, I guess we were proud of our supporters because from kick off to full time, you all have always been by the sideline, in the rain. Those away probably were worried for us, some even sms for live score update. At first I didn’t realize because I was obviously too sucked into the game. Gan told me that and then I realize that we were winners, regardless if we won or lost.
To my mates, this is probably not the best team in the world. Or even considered a strong team based on the final score. But this is a team I will remember for life.
Dawa, our Mr incredible, who would ‘swoosh’ past defenders. Elis, the one who has never missed a training, I saw her grow, and grow she did for the team. Jon. The ever wise ‘uncle’ on the field, always caring for others in his ‘silent’ mode. Tracy, the capable captain with the smile that melt my sore heart after the game.
Eng hwee and Yikang, the powerhouses on the field that closed down the opposition so fast when need. Do you know? Because of your individual characters, I always feel safest when I pass the balls to you both.
Adrc, Chun Hao and Faisal. Thanks for being there with us when we took the bullets. I know you guys might feel you have the lack of training and experience. But it is your heart that fuels the team. You all took your respective roles when you all were assigned to, without complaining. For that I respect you.
Lastly, to my back four and the man between the sticks. Mr reliable, adrain Q, on the field, I will follow you to war anytime. Hong yi, the bravest defender of the day. Ganners, captain marvel, I would not trade a win for your beautiful priceless moment. And chongs, I know you would prefer to attack, but thanks for sacrificing yourself. It made me feel so much more secure to know you all were behind.
I am a dwarf when I stand next to you. You guys held me thru the match. I know I played badly because I didn’t cover my role well enough. Thank you for standing behind me. I am sorry I let you guys down.
Last year, I was also a loser. I lost because it was a friendly. But yesterday, I am a loser not because I lost a match. But because there are many times, I could have done better. On the pitch and off the pitch.
But I know, we were the winners. The match is just an event, 10th march was just the time and the SRC was just a space. Sometime down the line, we won’t be bothered with this match. Because we will remember the spirit of our class the best. That spirit that brace everyone through tough times. That feeling on the field (and in class) knowing that your not alone. Your not 11 men strong. Your 45 members strong. Not only strong but perhaps the best I ever had.
If I had to cry, it would because this feeling would end soon. In mulu, some people told me that you cannot win everything, you cannot ensure that everything goes right. You cannot save everyone in the world. I believe that now. Because some things in life are more valuable then others. Some things in life are worth giving up for. And I cry today, because of this soccer team, yesterday’s supporters, our honours class and my friends are those things that matter to me today. It has been like this for a long time. I hope it remains this way for an even longer time.
Rgds
Leon
Caretaker
One World. One Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment