I used to once believe that this fierce classmate of mine would never be my friend. This was because I used to think of her as someone who was a bit competitive and too serious in life. Yar, Jilyn, I thought like that before. You know it as well.
Yet today, when I needed some help during class. She volunteered. I still believe she volunteer because of our friendship. She knew, from my whining, that no one was willing to volunteer. So she decided to help me. And even when I ask for a scribe in class, she did it willingly. I believe if the class rep wasn't her friend, she probably wouldn't be bothered that much (yet, this might just be my perception). So yar, Jilyn thanks.
But what struck me to blog about it was... why would she even help someone like me, a playful idiot who isn't pretty much serious about life most of the time. When she volunteered to scribe down the points today, I felt kind of happy. I wasn't happy because someone was doing a job for me but because Jilyn was that someone (For all my idiot friends who think this is some 'romantic' expression ...Please don't think so far... I love you all but not in the romantic way haha).
I used to believe Jilyn would be someone I will always follow only as a leader. Someone I look up to for all her positives and her sincerity. Don't get me wrong, doesn't mean that helping me means I will change this belief. But as we ran to the other class to conduct a small discussion, I thought of something. Lets say if she was a 'knight' then I would be her 'foot soldier'. And seeing the 'knight' help me today... made me the happiest 'foot soldier' of the day... this 'image' just kept going on in my head at that moment, I don't even know why.
But the other point of this blog, is to remind myself how we even became friends in the first place. I always ask Jilyn, how did we ever became friends. And we will constantly be puzzled. Cause, honestly, we don't really remember how... I didn't even talk much to her in semester one. But nowadays, Jilyn seem to be the person I talk the most to in school. Yes, don't think so far you idiots.
I was just asking her, on MSN, when did we begin talking as friends, was it the post examinations dinner at lemongrass? Was it at daily scoops? Was it because I always volunteered to buy something back for a fellow Shearite? Jilyn (over MSN) claims it was at daily scoops, after honours class soccer match, when I asked her to organise the Indonesian BBQ dinner... haha Actually I cannot remember when exactly... but I guess we really talked as friends when we started sharing rubbish ideas and helping one another. I will always remembered if I needed advice on something, I could count on her. And when I needed an opinion or a listening ear, she would always be there.
"Sorry". Was the first word I told her back in sem 1... not a good way to start a friendship. Then again, till today I still say sorry for many random things. So in order to end this blog post, maybe I should also say sorry. Sorry for totally misjudging you from the beginning till today. Only today did I felt a lot more comfortable as a friend. I am glad, other then ganners, i just may have found another good friend who has a 'symbiotic' friendship with me. hehe.
- The Educated Ah Lian, 2008 -
No comments:
Post a Comment