Monday, November 19, 2007

The 11th Hour

Okie, if you have been paying attention to the table of contents to your right. You will see some new additions. Notably my 3rd blog: The 11th Hour 59th Second.

That blog will be about green action, what are the debates and questions behind a sustainable future and what we can do to be green! Cools huh?

That reminds me... why that idea? I think it brings me back to last Friday. I went out with Jean, cos she was free and it is rare to spend time during the day with her. Because we didn't had any plans in mind, we did what typical Singaporeans did... watch a movie. haha. Anyway, it was one of those times I got to choose a movie without knowing what it was... we basically went to see the posters of the movies being screened now and just decided to catch what interest us. And there it was... The 11th Hour. The poster surely caught my attention... the tag line was even better... it made me feel I needed to watch the movie.

What added to remembering the movie was as we were buying the tickets, the sales person told us it was a documentary??? Well, we were stunned I must say but I want to thank Jean for being such a sport to agree to watch the movie/ documentary... I hope it didn't bore her, I know I wasn't. Well what was even worst was... the entire cinema had only 10 humans view the film.

For a film with that sort of agenda... I think more people should view it. Seriously, it isn't that bad. Trust me, many times during the film you will ask yourself... what can I do? And the movie does tell you the possible solutions. The film engages you personally... why? Cause it is us, the consumers who impact nature the most... We have a choice to stop it... yes our generation.

So yars. Do something about it. You know what I mean. GO GREEN. Every little way you can. Spread the message, encourage each other. I am sure we don't have to wait for others to force us... because if we wait... we might never have the chance again. I mean it.

No comments: