The exams are here. Yar, it was knocking on the door, now it has caught your attention. Soon it will enter your 'living room' and 'daily space' but then again, dinner is to be serve soon. So entertain that 'demon' for awhile and we all will be enjoying the dinner together.
There seem to be many reasons why the honours year is fun. I don't think I can share it all but lets just do a few.
Firstly, its the fact that I have a class that is united. I think I am blessed in many aspect our class bonded so well. Maybe it is the geography program, maybe it is the fact we have a space to call home... the honours room. Maybe its just the people. But among all these, the humanist nature of class seems to be the one screaming out loud. Everyone in my class seem to be able to agree on one point (that is my personal feeling), we are all similar because of the fact, we seek to understand and change the 'uneveness' of social context... or try to. Many people out of the class seek to do this too... maybe its just because we belong to one honours class and there seems to be this invisible agreement that we share this thought. Its not like you can link to everyone who has this thought out there... the class seems to be some sort like a real 'imagined community'.
Secondly, I guess it has to be the fact that I have freedom. Many of you know what I mean. Being tied down for so long... its only when I have found my own space that I learn how important 'my' time with 'myself' is. I actually get to do things I didn't use to have time for. That doesn't mean I don't wanna get tied down again. I do, but this time around I will ensure I get time off with 'myself' haha. And time with my friends. I know I never admitted to them... but it is obvious... I am so much happier catching up with the rest, those out of school or my daily life. I really appreciate it guys and cousin, for giving me the second chance to continue our friendship... it means a lot lar. And yes, Harriet and Jon, I do miss outings regularly... and, in the past, it was much safer to place your bets that Leon will miss the outings... but its time to reconsider that haha. O Yanhe, thanks for still betting that I will come... but late haha. There are still a lot of you out there I want to thank... but it seemingly is a long list. So thanks for those who help me find my freedom and taking away lots of the pain. Yar, Swi and Co., Selena, 2 Potong Pasir neighbors, that 'you', two sentence back, refers to you all.
And then, there is the fact this is the last year of official academia that I will get. Yar, I am leaving school officially soon. This year, my decisions seem to be geared at having fun. I am doing that, thats why it seemingly more fun. Maybe its just too late that I discovered this, just like what some other friends of mine felt, but I think its really towards the end then you realise this. When you give up you goal to do outstandingly well in studies and put your 'relac jacket' on then you will see the light haha. Not to mention, honours year assignments seem more fun, thought academically more intense. O yar congrats to non-bell curve policy.
Didn't want to be so emo. But I am really running out of time. I am going to lose this feeling soon.
"The right to make and remake ourselves... is ... one of the most precious of human rights"
David Harvey, 2006
David Harvey, 2006
No comments:
Post a Comment