Friday, November 23, 2007

Alantis the seafood place

On Wednesday, my family and I celebrated my dad's birthday. I guess the term 'my family' is rather unfamiliar in this blog... cos I never mentioned them most of the time... what if they google their names and it links to my blog... haha

Wasn't such a great day... didn't study much and I was rather tired. So I woke up after lunch feeling gloomy... and what make things worst, Senior Mr Tan, the supposed birthday boy, wasn't at home when he was suppose to be ready to leave the home for dinner... he went for his traditional Chinese medicine treatment. We were suppose to be at the restaurant at 7 but at 655 he was still not home... so I had to call the restaurant and make another change for the reservation... the second time around. Anyway thanks to my brother, who was at the restaurant on time, we manage to order the dishes through the phone... for one of the few times I actually thank him. haha

Well I was rather worried about the bill... cos Senior Mr Tan didn't have the menu with him but he order a lot of food stuff over the phone... and I was to use my card to pay first, cos it had a discount at the restaurant, hence I was worrying even more...

But the evening turned out to be a great family dinner... I think my family dinners and other family occasions have entered a generation change... I felt my parents were really old during dinner and that my time with my family now, mirrored the past, when I was still a child, where I felt I was in my dad's position and my parents were in the shoes of my grandparents... I know the previous point sound confusing... but I really don't know how to explain it better...

I look forward to family gathers more then the past. As compared to when I was a teenager and everything else other then studying and family gatherings seemed more interesting. I think sooner or later, I will spend even more time with my family... surely some of you know why and feel the same as well... Time isn't gonna wait for you. As it is, our parents ages have, sadly, confirmed this.

No comments: