Thursday, April 3, 2008

Learning from students, everyday

Started rumbling about the past last night. Sometimes it becomes so nostalgic you actually start romanticizing about the past. So I started to look into my history around my NUS life.

When I thought about the topic of work... I will always recall the attitudes of 3 friends.

Guoyong, I doubt he ever knows I kind of respected him in a special way. I always seen him as some senior who gave a damm to anything that mattered to his friends. Although he might have not been the best student in the class, he probably is the best senior to look for when you need an advice to any other logic in life. Cause he gave a damm about the simple things in life, DOTA, supper and friends. O yar, I took him as a role model on last minute work and recently change my entire essay 12 hours before the dateline. haha

Vincent. Probably reverse the way I see certain perspectives about life. Although he is superior in debate and knowledge as compared to a year 4 like me, he is never shy to share his views. I thank him for being frank and for sharing what he knows with me. A humble individual who never admits the genius he really is.

Grand master Chan... perhaps the most influential friend in my studies. Luckily for me, he was always patient enough to edit my work, advice me and teach me new studying methods. Although my perspective on leisure being fundamental to everything clashes much with his work first attitude, he has shown how good advice and encouragement is never in vain. Thanks for the effort Hon Man, I will always remember the last min advices and encouragement you sent through the sms hours before our papers. Thanks for taking the effort to remember.

I wonder now, have I ever been a great student, not a smart or outstanding student but rather one who has learnt from the examples set before me. I hope that I have accomplishd that... but honestly I don't think I have done that.

No comments: