Its monday and I just handed in my 'enhanced' field journal. Took an ultra long time to do a simple assignment. Ain't really a productive or effective writer. Maybe that is my other Achilles Heel... Working (more like writing) as slow as a snail.
I can take hours to finish an essay. Some just need an hour or two. When I take days to finish a paper, the rest would finish it in a day. I think I have to rethink my working habits and work rate.
Well because of my slow work rate, I usually spend long hours in the Honours Room or Geo Lab trying to finish up work. And most of the time I am usually the last to finish... Damm. Hate that sucky feeling.
But then again, I got myself to blame. But I don't really blame myself for having breakfast with Oons and Dawa or going cycling with Hong Yi. I don't even regret having dinner at Ikea with my classmates and ice cream after that. Maybe that is my downfall with regards to work.
Then again... I must keep focus... focused on what I intend to do... learning how to put leisure in front of work. I am sure a lot of people will believe in work before fun. But I wouldn't really agree. You can brand me as some fool or idiot who isn't professional enough to finish his god damm work load way before the deadline... but that is who I really am.
I guess the right way to do it for now is to plan for fun but moderate between work and leisure. As long as I am certain I won't produce low quality work and I can finish on time, I think I am still able to emphasize leisure over work. Maybe I won't be successful, rich or famous. But at least I know I can make a few of you smile before my deadlines. So yar, that makes me happy as well. So why not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment