However, he is one lecturer worth respecting... if you appreciate the coast that is. I never met someone so passionate in his/her field of research before. He has been to thousands of coast and surveyed countless beaches... and captured a whole lot of picture on the way (which he will flash hundreds at a go during class... the excitement starts from WOW to Wow to wow to silence...). haha.
I am in his lesson now... and there are many lesson elements that never seem to stop amusing me.
Firstly... Prof. Wong points with the shadow of his pen... not the pen itself. He can simply point to the transparency but he points to the screen... joey coins him 'shadow master'... sometimes it is so confusing I give up guessing what he is pointing at... to follow the object his pen is pointing at (my brain tells me so cause thats what other lecturers do) or to follow the shadow of his pen (experienced, memory and earlier deduction have pointed this out)
Secondly... I cannot imagine him at the coast... He has a floating mechanism/ floatation device... his belly. Obviously you will never imagine him as a 'coastal guy'. Can you imagine an elder figure surfing the waves? He seeming look like a person who observes surf babes... maybe thats why he has to number/ quality control and separate his pictures into folders.
Thirdly... why is it Coastal Thought on Thursdays instead of Coastal Management? It is because, Prof. Wong not only lecturers, he gives quotes that deserve quote of the day standards... just attend his lessons... you will understand why people sit and listen to this elderly figure.
Okie, I need to stop blogging cause as distracted as I am, I think he emits some form of attraction... in an academic sense that is.
"I am not a pessimist, I am a Positivist"
Prof. Wong on being his theoretical stand
"When is the water going to stop?"
Prof. Wong in reference to Niagara Falls
Prof. Wong on being his theoretical stand
"When is the water going to stop?"
Prof. Wong in reference to Niagara Falls
No comments:
Post a Comment