Happy Belated Teachers Day!
A teacher is not only someone who teaches in a school for a living. A teacher can be your parents, and educator, an Ajaan or just simply a friend who has taught you something along the way. So please don't think you can celebrate this lovely day with only school teachers. I certainly don't think so.
Well, last friday, I decided to write notes for 3 special teachers, my Ajaans from field studies, Ajaan Carl, Ajaan May and Ajaan Hanshe. I felt that they have redefine how I interact with lecturers in NUS.
Lecturers aren't people with PhDs and lecture for the sake of varsity requirements... not all, there are some who dedicate their lives to educating us about other ways we should view the world, that would be Ajaan Carl and Ajaan May. I believe they have an agenda by being lecturers... they would hope people redefine what they see the world as, how should we interact with the environment and they want to bring home a message... the world is sick, we have to do what we can to make it a better place, not for us but for those who suffer in other places. For this, I respect them to the max. I can see and feel how they dedicated their lives to bring this message to students who seemingly are too preoccupied with their work load and their futures.
Ajaan Hanshe on the other hand, doesn't seem to be a great 'martyr' for the environment... but she has shown me how 'human' lecturers are. She treats us like her friends... seemingly funny right? I am very happy cause, Ajaan Hanshe actually replied to the little note I slipped under her door... She felt sad that I see her as a teacher cause she inspires to be a passionate researcher whose best friends are books... but I don't see her as that... but more as an educator who willingly helps us with anything including killing time and boredom... I just love knocking on her door and chatting to her haha.
There are too many people I want to thank... but I think I will mention these 3 for now cause without them, field studies 07 wouldn't be possible or such a great experience for me...
Yar, the stage is set. I am going to pack myself and go to NIE in 9 months. I look forward to it. I remembered I had a message that was screen on the awards ceremony but I haven't shared it with you guys. So yar. I think its only appropriate to share it now... so I will remember myself of those inspiring people in my life... who have change this monster into who he is today. To all my 'Teachers', Thank you for teaching me something in life...
"Mrs Lim, you’re the one who taught this young man
what a great teacher should be.
I would never have made it here without you.
To my friends, the road is never tough with friends like you guys.
Mummy and Daddy thank you for bringing me up. I learnt everything from you.
I would never want it any other way but the way you were always there for me.
Thank you all for teaching me the lessons in my life…"
TSPC Appreciation Message
what a great teacher should be.
I would never have made it here without you.
To my friends, the road is never tough with friends like you guys.
Mummy and Daddy thank you for bringing me up. I learnt everything from you.
I would never want it any other way but the way you were always there for me.
Thank you all for teaching me the lessons in my life…"
TSPC Appreciation Message
No comments:
Post a Comment