Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Weekend Gone Again. Where Am I?

Once again i can't figured out where my weekend went to. Sound familiar right? I think a lot of you guys are facing this problem (maybe not Ah Wongs... cos she seem to have 3 or 2 day week and last heard she was having a lot of fun. Carol Wongs! how are you?). I have discussed this issue of increasing pressure and workload with quite a number of people before... we all agree this phenomenon is generally happening across the faculty... regardless of the year currently pursuing. Can't be dragon year kids right? or we have just become too lazy... maybe its just fatigue from being exposed to too much free time during the holidays or just plain too much readings to get done with. If your feeling the same, let me know your reasons. I want to understand your perspective on this increasing pace of school in NUS.

Yar so because of the blardee increase in workload, I have less time to blog on a regular basis. Shitty right? When homework eats into your leisure times.

Last friday... we had our second honours soccer training. In many ways, things look positive for the team. More people are coming down for the game, the girls are slowly adapting to the game and communication as well as understanding has improved . I think we stand a good chance to win the staff match. Well, thats still far from now. But I am damm motivated to play cause I want to break the record that the honours students have been defeated 4 times consecutively by the lecturers... something Prof Bunnell always brags about. I think soccer with the honours class is something that keeps the class together. And yes I admit, I make them laugh the most on the field... but believe me, I wasn't playing well cause I was training my left foot. haha.

Then we had to stay back for Prof Wong's make up lecture and I had to take the bus home. Well... I haven't taken the bus home in a long time and that trip reaffirms I would not want to do it in the near future... why? Cause the wait to transfer to 62 is damm long... I waited 40 mins for 62. It took a total of 2 hours to travel home. Amazingly, I cannot remember how I got thru it during year 1. Well, after I went home, I headed back to NUS to mug... wah lao. sick right?

Saturday... Nothing as exciting as friday... just that I had a cold, no sweat weekend afternoon at Big O, due to an abnormal lack of customers during lunch crowd, sales wasn't so good. O, there was Geography Department's Dinner and Dance in the evening... Though I didn't know many of the people there, I still went to support my friends. Thank gosh Yikang went, cause we had to entertain yourself in many ways but it was good to catch up with Yikang and crap about society and social problems... Yikang do you remember 'to attack XXXXXXXXXXXXX'... haha

Sunday morning was one of those rare times I woke up, ate breakfast and headed down to the void deck to finish my readings... damm no life lar...

The highlight of the weekend was definitely the SYC Singer's concert at the Esplanade... The feeling of listening to a concert and the performance itself was so 'heart settling' that I felt a sense of 'lostness' during the concert. So relaxing I could put my mind off my work... don't worry weiming... I didn't fall asleep during the concert cause of being over relaxed and I am sure we all enjoyed the concert even though you are concerned with the possibility that we are turned off cause it was in Spanish. O yar, echoing Selena... you did have funny eyebrow expressions on stage and you looked quite 'good' when you are not funny... hope your mummy is happy that Selena said you are very 'shuai'. haha...

Too end the weekend... I went back to NUS to mug... Sadness in a happy way... haha

No comments: