Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Sunday to Remember...

I hate Sundays... cause they are the days which my mind wonders of... dreaming and thinking about the past. So most of the time I would find other matters to occupy myself with. The last Sunday was rather bad... I was once again thinking about the past. But it turned out to be great... bad things don't last after all.

Other then letting my mind run wild... I was pretty much occupied with stuff. I went to visit my granny k... like in ages. When I was there... I didn't speak much to her... maybe cause I had nothing much to tell her as well. But I think slowly I will make a bigger effort to visit granny again. And I would like to attempt to converse with her once again.

I also got a lot of stuff done while I was at granny's. I finally manage to get someone to machine mend my favourite bermudas and sew on 'Jack skeleton' on my Timbuk2 for me. That person is my aunt lar. I am quite amazed at her age... she still can sew very well with her poor vision. And I think that she can understand what contemporary culture is... or she can relate what I wanted when I told her how I wanted my berms to be mended.

Well the whole changing point was when I met Jon. I think its been a long time since I met this great pal of mine. Well he just finished the 'Singapore half Ironman 70.3' event and I was rather excited to know how he fared so I went over to catch up with him. When I enter his room... suddenly I just recalled a lot about the past experiences with them. It felt good to be in the company of old friends doing nothing but talking cork... and catching up. To make things even better... Jon sold me a pair of Oakley half jackets that I wanted for very long... exciting right? haha.

I don't understand why but as I walk home... I just suddenly felt that there are a lot more to do... other then sit and think of the past. I have to move on. Too much is waiting for me. And I believe, I am recovering.

yars... the last Sunday can be remembered as a turning point... not in mood but at least in attitude... well there was a big joke that day as well...

As I was having lunch at the coffeeshop in Serangoon with my family... my dad was 'equipped' with his waist pouch as usual... As we walk past a table... I heard 'uncle kopi O zi puay' and as I turn... I saw the auntie putting up her hand... well she obviously mistook my daddy for a worker at the coffeeshop. Haha... anyways my daddy walked up to the auntie and educated her... he terrorized the auntie by giving her a speech about how he got mistaken many times before... haha sometimes its incidents like this... that you will remember for life... good things are meant to be remembered... even from the past.


"Uncle! Kopi O Zi Puay"

No comments: