Friday, September 28, 2007

My Class and the Holidays

My holidays are crap. I think its a term break because you are given a week before you eventually 'break down' trying to finish your assignment. I am like constantly on my heels doing readings and discussing project work. But heng yar heng yar... I got a great class to suffer with me... we even went on some exclusion with a story teller professor, a BBQ that really was great fun... and a new beginning to the semester.

Some of you know I was suppose to go Bintan with my level 4 coastal module professor... but no trip is planned unless you get the departure timings right... in this case we didn't. Well many of us wanted to complain because we felt super disappointed not being able to 'tour' Bintan's coastlines. Please lor, I had to wake up at 6 just to be at Tenah Merah Ferry Terminal by 8... damm. But it was fun waiting for my professor to employ his 'bang table' strategy in order to get us on a ferry towards to Bintan. While waiting for Prof Wong, we made jokes about the people at the terminal... the green shorts 'sissy'... the ah lian mother... yellow crcos lady and our classmate's 'scandals' haha. well

'Bintan' Tour Group Picture
Before knowing we were not going Bintan that is...

After the official 'announcement' that we were not able to cross the seas and head towards Bintan, we made a sudden change of plans... the class 'outing' was changed to Ubin... damm right from glamorous to back door holiday... haha...

but then again... Ubin was like ultra fun. It gave me a chance to know more of my classmates and a chance to know more about class gossips. A saturday afternoon and a ride along the last 'rustic' space of Singapore is sure to be filled with entertainment, moments and jokes... come on lor, my Prof at 65 and his flotation device could complete the trail with us... haha. O yar, salutes to my Muslim friends... I respect your determination to complete the trail with us even though you all were fasting. I think the best part about Ubin is traveling by boat to and away from the island. It always gives me that 'return to postmodern' Singapore feel. Would like to go Ubin to cycle one more time...

My 'gayish' Mates


My Class

Then there was the class chalet... well I went late... due to com lab duty. A BBQ could be one of the best place to know your classmates. We talked a lot of trash, got a chance to drink beer with some mates, had an opportunity to get to know the names of some of my classmates... it felt like some 'adult' outing cos everyone was in their twilight hour of university yet we still manage to organize some BBQ. The BBQ also featured an opportunity to plan/reflect on the next class outing haha... Sometimes I wish honours year wasn't so taxing... then I could spend more time enjoying the final year. damm. For now i can only strive to be like the tree below... thriving in an environment it wasn't suited for...

Thriving among the salt - Lesson taught by Nature



No comments: