Thursday, August 30, 2007

How much can you offend someone?

I offended someone yesterday... actually I offended quite a few lar. I think of late I been able to easily offend others... especially with my words and action. But I really wish I never had offended them. Cause they are my friends after all, especially to one person... an important little kid.

Maybe I not been watching my words. Well I think its just an old habit of mine... 'Not using my brain before I talk'. I remember back in OCS, one of our instructors... punished my platoon mate Arun by making him say: 'My mouth will get me into trouble'. I think this is true especially when the person you offended is your friend. No matter how strong my bond between my friends and I are, there is this level of expectation that is expect of you... Well like spidey's Uncle Ben said since the first episode of Spidey: 'With great power, comes great responsibility'. Very true right? With stronger friendship, comes greater expectations.

I think I need to rectify much of the shit that I have stirred. Cause I cannot afford the rift between my friends and I, especially at this moment when I need them the most. Maybe I should be like our nation, Singapore, be much more proactive then reactive... perhaps never reactive at all, cause I cannot bear to damage any of these important friendships I have.

All my life I been trying to change this bad habit of mine. I just don't really have a clear picture how or I haven't been doing a good job. Well, one of my best friends has constantly warned me about it. I think I need to reflect well on it. Maybe this week, I can begin by trying to start a 'non-offensive words campaign'. Dammit, I really regret my blardee actions.


I am sorry for all those hurtful words I said.
If letting you scream in the car till my ear drums burst
Or letting you play with the lights till they spoil
would make you feel better... Go ahead...
Cause I don't think I want to drive the car
with a quiet you that is disappointed at me
Sorry.

No comments: