Well thanks to this phenomena of individuals getting hungry and meeting eat other for meals, I got a chance to meet up with Selena for dinner. We walked from Big O to Spize for dinner. But the bad day continues there.
Well for one... Spize begins operations at 6... but they would willing open the restaurant at 5 and set up their chairs. Well so dumb right. Whats the point of setting up chairs when your kitchen is not ready? Worst is they would not allow you to sit at their chairs because it would make early customers believe that they are ready to make business... come on, your the ones who want to invite unwanted attention by setting up the chairs. You setup chairs means that you want customers to seat right? Don't tell me you have to 'season' the chairs?
Well, after the boss gave some cork excuse... we decided to take a long walk to waste sometime... therefore we head down to great world city... Along the way there was some police incident nearby with the police condoning off the road towards a small alley... it was attracting a lot of attention from the public (which included 'kapo' us). We wanted to wait to see if there was more then meets the eye (like a murder or something like that) but we couldn't wait so we continued down to Great World City...
At Great World City... I made an amazing discovery... there is one particular CD SHOP... don't know which CD SHOP... don't think is THOSE CD SHOP ... i think it is THIS CD SHOP issit? It has an outlet at Pacific Plaza and Great World City... whatever, THIS CD SHOP has an amazing offer... 3 CDs for 49... well sounds cool right? but it is not... cause... if the CDs promoted are 20 bucks each... 3 CDs you will save 11 bucks.. but if you can get the CDs alternatively at 11.90 (Singapore edition versions, although those they sell are not Singapore edition but the more expensive international versions which come with lyrics... which I still find 11.90 ones more worth it) you make a lost of 13.30. And most titles under this 3 CDs for 49 can be found at 11.90 prices... damm cunning lar THIS CD SHOP... haha
So back to Spize after an hour of walking... then we realize... no goreng stuff ... only prata, western food and drinks... cause the gas and walk tap burst... that was what the earlier police incident was about! It seems that some construction caused a burst in the pipes... damm it... we had to wait for the gas and water to be reconnected...
But then... while I was waiting with Selena at Spize... I saw a rather familiar big head lady, Ooi Swilin... her ford focus and 'Beefcake' matt! Woohoo! wow so lucky to bump into them... what is more disgusting was... we had the same plans to head down to the Ice Cream Gallery after dinner!
Well, Spize dinner tasted great, as usual... but there were so queries to the meal... Firstly... where did the water come from to make the drinks? Is my 'teh' made from really mud water? secondly... how come got prata but no goreng... doesn't both need fire to cook... and if the gas is off... why only got prata, why can't they use the same fire to goreng? thirdly... the waiter said no goreng right? then why I saw malays at the restaurant eating mee goreng and nasi lemak? was there racial discrimination? Whatever it is... dinner was good with great company... so nothing more I can ask for... what more... after dinner... Ice Cream Gallery here we come!
After the meal, ice cream and saying bye to the 'Low family', I walked home with Selena in an attempt to lose the fats we consumed... I don't really know if it was a good day or not... cause I was too tired to decide... but I know I felt happy. I agree with Swi that it was nice catching up on old times together... and because of recent events, I sort of distance myself from the past and my friends. I don't know how long I need before I can start being as happy as before... that is why I could not decide if the day was good... It just bothered me that I am losing control of myself...
But well, there are other things to cheer about now days. I have a supportive family, I know that now because of late Mr and Mrs Tan have done so much but kept quiet about it... I have my 'little niece' to make me happy, thanks Selena for being my good friend and being so understanding cause you know what shit I am going through. And all my other friends... I really want to thank you all for just being there. I think I know who I really can count on... You amazingly want to help me... thanks.
No matter how rational people ask me to be... I think I am an emotional person... And I will continue to be like that... so please don't advise me unless I ask you too... Stop trying to ask if I am okie if you don't intend to be sincere as a friend... let me grow the way I find suitable for me... this msg is not intended at anyone... but as a precaution in case I piss people off.
I think I am running out of ideals to continue this blog other then telling you guys my life from a 'food perspective'. haha. Life is so 'eventless' other then food stuffs. Well maybe I should stop blogging about food soon.
I cannot find spring,
so don't think that i have found one.
Cause Winter is still here,
and its going to be a long, long one.
so don't think that i have found one.
Cause Winter is still here,
and its going to be a long, long one.
No comments:
Post a Comment